Thursday, July 29, 2010

Plans for August

I've decided to try something new for the month of August. I will challenge myself to exercise outside for one hour a day through the end of the month. I've always responded well to challenges and I desperately need to step up my exercise routine to prepare for a hike on the Appalachian Trail in September. I thought I'd add the outside part simply to see if being outside has any positive impact on me. Currently I spend at most an hour a week outside. I guess it wouldn't hurt in regards to preparing for the Appalachian hike either. So there you have it, a challenge for 30 days of outdoor exercise. I'll start off a day early with a hike to "The Crevices" tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see your intent to get outside more. But don't prepare for this hike too much. Suffering is a grand tradition within backpacking... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fears, there will be much suffering. I'm just hoping to spread a little of it across the next month first.

    ReplyDelete