Monday, July 5, 2010

Indendence Day

I enjoy most things in life. Mowing is not one of them. My friend Nick came over and helped me clean up a terribly neglected yard.


We struggled through the heat to keep the tall grass at bay. I'll have to bring my mower over to his place and return the favor.

After some yard work, several of us gathered at Nick's place for a BBQ 4th of July celebration. With many varieties of beers, burgers, and hot dogs, a good time was had by all. We finished off with a fireworks display in Abingdon. My town postponed the Independence Day celebration until Monday, May 5th. Silly as it may be, I'm not complaining as I get to see two firework shows.


Happy Independence Day everyone!


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful place! Looks like you have plenty room for a garden? Have you thought about turning in that gasoline powered mower for a non-motorized one? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, definitely sticking with a self-propelled gas mower... you'd understand if you saw the hill I have to mow. I have thought about making a "butterfly garden" and just not mow it though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I flipped over the mower trying to mow, it's really steep. Maybe you should add more terraces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I watched fireworks in Chicago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fireworks in Lebanon were impressive. I think they put the whole town's budget into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Byron: Yea, no textbooks this year, sorry kids.

    @Jennifer: Accross from the middle school, launched from the top of a big hill.

    ReplyDelete