Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Glimpse of the Past.

While organizing my room, I came across several old photographs. These first three were given to me by my grandmother a month before she passed away. I thought I’d share a glimpse of my childhood that she passed on to me.

In this first picture, I was less than a year old and was presently the only grandchild. My grandpa and grandma sit in front surrounded by their children and grandchild.

Three years later, both my parents have cut their hair. Notice the mullet!

It seems my parent’s styles have their toll on me, as later that year I also sport a mullet. I believe this yellow truck was one of my favorite toys, as I still have vague memories of fondness towards it.

Lastly we finish with a picture from college of Lauren and me shortly after we started dating nearly 8 years ago.

It’s fun to look back and see how far we've come.

4 comments:

  1. First picture: do you notice how short Allan's shorts are? Oh the 80s. You were such a cute blond baby, what happened? I like the picture where I'm attacking the stuffed animal. You look like you're coveting Lauren- no foo she mine! One of my friends told me that you looked like the kid from Napeleon Dynamite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah man, you look so much like your dad its crazy. And you look slightly demonic in that last picture....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have you know that a mullet is a perfectly fine haircut... :)

    Oh how this made me laugh!

    As for your hair? That was a tail. Quite popular amongst lefty, granola children in the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Broke Girl: Not sure I see the Napoleon Dynamite. I'm ok with it though.

    @Andrew: Yea, also the maturity, memory, and planning (hope you don't mine me saying that). And I do seem to have a spark of insanity in my eyes in that last picture...

    @Allan: I guess you're right, it's more of a rat tail than a mullet.

    Thanks for the comments guys!

    ReplyDelete