Monday, April 5, 2010

A trip to Boone

I spent March 23rd and 24th in Boone, NC.

As I left it was snowing.  Two (very blurry) deer were in the yard as Iarrived home and prepared to head out for the trip. Normally I love the snow, but this winter has been absolutely terrible.  We had persistent snow on the ground from mid December through the begining of March, which is very unusual for Virginia.

My droid, and thus my camera, died shortly after arriving in Boone, NC.  I forgot to bring my charger.  All I have of Boone is a picture of this delicious dinner that I took to make my roommate and wife jealous.

My company sent me to Appalachian State University to do a presentation, have a Q&A session, and conduct preliminary interviews for graduating seniors.  While I was there I got to walk around campus, visit some of the cool artsy shops downtown, and enjoyed a nice meal or two on the company.  ASU was a very impressive little university.

No comments:

Post a Comment