Monday, April 5, 2010

Friends and Sushi

March 6th-8th.  On a previous trip to Roanoke Va, my friends and I had discovered that one of the chefs at the nicer sushi restaurant offered sushi classes.  My wife, my other roommate, and a coworker decided to attend a class on our next trip, and it was definitely worth it.

We all attempt to make our first sushi roll:

My wife and I took turns(although she let me do most saying she'd prefer I make her sushi).  She wasn't originally planning on attending but was able to switch hours with someone at the last minute.  Unfortunately they didn't have time to prepare another spot in the course.  Here I make her a heart shaped sushi:

We finish the class after making 7 or 8 rolls with a Dragon Roll.  This was a fried Eel roll that was put on top of a California roll to make it look like a dragon.  They were delicious.


We finished the night at a college friend's house, playing a new card game called Munchkin, catching up, and enjoying several beers and wines from local sources.  I've started brining beer and wine to most social gatherings ever since I brewed a batch of beer myself last summer.  All in all, this was a great trip, and a nice break after being stuck at my house all winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment