Monday, April 12, 2010

Hiking

Lauren, myself, and my friends Erik and Nick partook in another hike in the mountains behind my house this last weekend.  Nearly five hours in duration, we managed to find a new overlook with a better view than the cliffs I found two weekends ago.  We stop for a break and a snack near the top in the shade of a large rock.



We stopped for lunch on the newly discovered cliffs.  The view was amazing, the food, well, the sandwiches I made everyone were smashed flat and the fruit wasn't ripe, but luckily food always seems to taste better on an exhausting hike.  Here Lauren calls her folks while enjoying the view.




Lauren and I had originally thought about doing a week long hike on the Appalachian trail after our wedding last summer, but we got rained out (and maybe got a little lazy as well).  I hope that this year we can might be able to pick up where we left off.  In the mean time we'll just take a couple big hikes to prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment