Sunday, May 30, 2010

Jennifer's Graduation.

Today my sister Jennifer graduated from college.  My wife, roommate, and myself drove to Minneapolis to celebrate with her on the day of her achievement.  

It threatened to rain so they presented the students with their diplomas first, stating that it was the most important part of the ceremony and thus the highest priority.  

Here Jennifer walks to be presented with a Pin and letter.  The individual diplomas are given by the faculty as they walk back to their seats. 

Jennifer graduated with a degree in Russian and Anthropology.  It's a tough time to be looking for a job, Jennifer will see one of the most competitive job markets we have ever seen.  I know that she has what it takes to be successful though, and with a mixture of good grades, job experience, and an excellent leadership track record, she'll be able to bring a lot to whatever company she ends up working for.
 
I met Jennifer's boyfriend Dexter, who has suffered through several bad jokes based on Showtime's Dexter series, as well as childish sibling rivalries.  He is a great sport, and has been a really wonderful presence these past couple days.  Furthermore, he seems to make Jennifer very happy.  Congratulations to both of you on this memorable day!

I look forward to relaxing the next couple of days in Minneapolis and spending time with my sister and other seldom seen family.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! I made your blog!
    Love,
    Your Graduated Little Sister

    ReplyDelete